Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8-26-08 Playlist

Sorry for the late playlist! We have a few new appearances this week, they will be noted as they appear:

Veronica and the Mental Foreplays - “First Corinthians 13:13”

A poem with a great bass line... Brandon Follet is the voice that drives this spoken-word band and his pal Josh added bass. I think they eventually had a couple more members. Brandon is a poetry slam champ and world traveler who thankfully has documented his peculiar take on the word in word, song and video. Hungry? Click Here.

Built to Spill - “Randy Described Eternity”
Grant Ave. - “Life Smiles Back”
The Very Most - “Sweet Job”
Raspberry - “Pokey”
The Suffocation Keep - “Rocket Thousand”
Lovey - “Without You”
Treepeople - “Feed Me”
Splinter - “Post Falls”
Geyser - “Drag King”
Graveltruck - “Graveltruck”
Ian Waters - “Modern Man”

Solo material from the singer/guitarist of Kid Corduroy, I don't have a link. But I heard a rumor that Ian is working on new recordings with some of those wizardly folks in the Universal camp.

The Halo Benders - “Don't Touch My Bikini”
System and Station - “Factory”
The Invasion - “Emperor of San Francisco”
Bonefish Sam and His Power Orchestra - “Dumb Cute Ditty”
Caustic Resin - “Nice Wings”
Falldowns - “Big Lake”
Shamus - “Beating”
Gordie Howe Trio Unit - “Trio Unit Jacob Unit”

This is a compilation track from Coming in Second's Big Trouble in River City. I don't know much about the Trio Unit except that, I think Bug and Ben Clapp from the Adversives were involved and their singer went by Shane Insane. I saw them once or twice and it seems like Glenn from the Dirt Fisherman drummed, but I could be wrong. Sorry for my general lack of knowledge on the more hardcore side of the scene. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a good Torn Anus show at the House of Rock as much as any red-blooded American.

Lowbelly - “Scattered Posts”
Dirt Fisherman - “Used To”
Treepeople - “Prostitute”
Glow - “Lottery”

Fuzzy cassette track from an old Lewiston band. They once played the Crazy Horse and the bassist stayed on the floor of my BSU dorm room. Nothing happened, I swear. But later on I had a threeway zine publishing gig with him and his girlfriend. Glow's main singer dudes are now Seattle rockers in The Lights and The Valley. I love Glow's wall of guitar static ... this track is from one of those classic 5-song cassettes with xeroxed cover art... Recorded at a studio on Spokane I believe.

Gusto - “Stand on the Girl”
Bock - “Head Full of Stars”
The Unicorn Feather - “Autumn Air”
Clock - “Photopathic”
Stuntman - “Car Crash”
The Universal - “Dead Battery Accident”
Caustic Resin - “Worm Wood”
Low-Fi - “1957”
Black Happy - “The New One”

No comments: